Tuesday 19 December 2006

Cosi Fan Tutti (Task #23)

I admit I have had a great time doing this program. I have been addicted from day 1. Of course I am lucky to have broadband at home. I would never have attempted such a large scale internet learning project with a dial up or slow connection! Also having two small kids, I have had to be somewhat of an insomniac to get it done during the wee hours!
I have learned heaps. And of course the Internet never ceases to surprise me with the number of 'geeks' there are out there with nothing much better to do. Nonetheless, many many things were very useful. I think wikis have their place in the world, podcasts, basically on-demand radio - fantastic. Flickr, rss feeds, mapping, ebooks, delicious. All fantstically useful and I am so glad I know what they all are now. I suppose if someone comes into the library and says to me " I can't get this flickr photo / youtube video to upload to my blog" or "My lecturer told me to use delicious and I don't know how to go about it" I'll at least know what they are talking about! So my great thanx to YPRL for the opportunity. There should be more of it! Oh and most of all, thanks to River'sEdge for getting me started on the program. Wouldn't have known much about how togo about it if you hadn't shown me what to do.

1 comment:

riverleigh said...

You are welcome!!! I knew you'd get addicted as I did : ) Well done for taking up the challenge and for doing such a great job with it. See you soon,
Leslie